COMM 2301: Communication Research Methods
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers an overview of the concepts, methods, tools, and ethics of communication research.
- Introduces students to the basic statistical concepts used by communication researchers.
- Designed to help students become knowledgeable consumers and limited producers of communication research.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn to read, interpret, and critically evaluate research reports.
- Exposes students to basic social science concepts and research designs and the fundamentals of conducting and analyzing research using surveys, experiments, and content analyses.
- Students conduct their own empirical research study as a final project, which entails research design, data collection, data analysis, and a written presentation.
Offers an overview of the concepts, methods, tools, and ethics of communication research. Show more.