COMM 2200: Visual Communication
Lecture - 4 credits
- Analyzes the ways that visual materials impact our daily lives using readings, examples, and discussion.
- Visual material floods our daily lives, whether we are actively consuming it or it is thrust upon us.
- As consumers of these images, and especially as communication scholars, we need to think critically about these visual materials and how they shape our perceptions of ourselves and the world around us.
- Focuses on several methods for critically researching visuals and applies these methods to examine and discuss several kinds of visuals, including photography, film/television, advertisements, arts, and urban spaces.
- Designed to improve students' critical understanding of the visual, in its various forms, for communication.
Analyzes the ways that visual materials impact our daily lives using readings, examples, and discussion. Show more.