Civil & Environmental Engineer
CIVE 5536: Hydrologic and Hydraulic Design
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces principles of engineering hydrology.
- Covers the hydrologic cycle, rainfall and flood frequency analysis, rainfall intensity-duration-frequency relationships, rainfall-runoff processes, hydrologic flood routing, and culvert/channel hydraulics.
- Utilizes these concepts in design applications of civil infrastructure such as stormwater detention basins, drainage pipes, culverts, etc.
- Uses hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS.
- Includes project component.
Introduces principles of engineering hydrology. Show more.