Civil & Environmental Engineer
CIVE 5520: Structural Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the design of structural systems.
- Includes the major aspects of structural behavior and design (loads, load paths, structural system concepts, analysis, member and connection design, and structural detailing).
- Discusses typical structural building materials along with a brief introduction to less conventional materials.
- Emphasizes wood and masonry design.
- Also presents structural principles behind some innovative structural systems.
- Utilizes current professional practice with a focus on approximate hand methods of structural analysis.
- Requires one semester of undergraduate structural analysis.
Covers the design of structural systems. Show more.