Chemistry & Chemical Biology
CHEM 7750: Advanced Problem Solving
Lecture - 3 credits
- Designed to provide skills necessary to lead advanced problem-solving case studies.
- Faculty mentors in one of three thematic areas chosen from organic and medicinal chemistry, physical and materials chemistry, or analytical and biological chemistry assign casework to students for presentation and analysis in group sessions.
- Students are required to provide rational solutions to complex problems derived from the contemporary literature and engage in dialogue with faculty mentors to justify their analysis.
- The faculty mentors assign grades to reflect intellectual maturity and ability of the students to display creative, independent thinking.
- Full-time PhD students who have successfully completed qualifying examinations only.
Designed to provide skills necessary to lead advanced problem-solving case studies. Show more.