Chemistry & Chemical Biology
CHEM 5625: Chemistry and Design of Protein Pharmaceuticals
Lecture - 3 credits
- Covers the chemical transformations and protein engineering approaches to protein pharmaceuticals.
- Describes protein posttranslational modifications, such as oxidation, glycosylation, formation of isoaspartic acid, and disulfide.
- Then discusses bioconjugate chemistry, including those involved in antibody-drug conjugate and PEGylation.
- Finally, explores various protein engineering approaches, such as quality by design (QbD), to optimize the stability, immunogenicity, activity, and production of protein pharmaceuticals.
- Discusses the underlying chemical principles and enzymatic mechanisms as well.
Covers the chemical transformations and protein engineering approaches to protein pharmaceuticals. Show more.