Counseling and Applied Ed Psyc
CAEP 7741: Advanced Fieldwork 1
Off-campus instruction w/ lec - 1 credit
- Offers students training in clinical settings to develop clinical skills in assessment, consultation, and interventions under supervision.
- Provides support and evaluation of the advanced fieldwork placement that second-year students are involved in throughout the year.
- Offers a seminar format, which is led by a faculty supervisor who is the official liaison between Northeastern University and the advanced fieldwork sites.
- The major objectives are an examination and support of clinical work within various assessment and treatment modalities; and an examination of systems issues within placement sites, which include but are not limited to administrative and supervisory issues.
- Students submit tapes and detailed process notes of sessions, videotape role-playing, and critique the tapes and videos, offering one another feedback in terms of each student's previously stated goals.
- Group discussion of clinical/systems issues focus on critical analysis and provision of a supportive atmosphere to explore treatment and systems issues.
- Requires students to practice in the clinical setting a minimum of twenty hours per week.
- May be repeated once for up to 2 total credits.
Offers students training in clinical settings to develop clinical skills in assessment, consultation, and interventions under supervision. Show more.