Counseling and Applied Ed Psyc
CAEP 7716: Advanced Research and Data Analyses 2
Lecture - 3 credits
- Investigates techniques and models for exploring research questions and testing hypotheses developed in the first semester.
- Explores structural and advanced correlational models using linear and nonlinear approaches, multivariate data analysis, psychometric statistical theory and techniques, and qualitative inquiry.
- Requires considerable hands-on experience with real data sets.
- Explores qualitative and methodological approaches to ecological analysis of systems and contexts.
- Requires students to do problems on the computer and/or by hand using data sets assigned in class.
- Utilizes SPSS and other computer analysis packages including graphic methods of depicting data.
- Also covers specialized applications (text analysis software, survey design and scoring software, or specialized graphing programs).
- Students do projects, prepare reports of an analysis from the data set, and turn in a written report in APA format suitable for publication.
Investigates techniques and models for exploring research questions and testing hypotheses developed in the first semester. Show more.