BIOL 5601: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Motor Control
Lecture - 4 credits
- Studies the field of human motor control, or motor neuroscience.
- Offers students an opportunity to obtain a fundamental understanding of the processes underlying the acquisition and control of sensorimotor behavior.
- The systems approach connects a variety of disciplines ranging from neurophysiology, to engineering, to neurorehabilitation.
- Reviews a selection of approaches with emphasis on motor learning.
- Focuses on early behavioral approaches, more recent neurophysiological and imaging approaches, and rehabilitation.
- Discusses selected representative papers, including seminal historical papers and more recent studies reflecting the current discussion in the field.
Studies the field of human motor control, or motor neuroscience. Show more.