BIOE 3410: Experimental Laboratory Methods
Lab - 4 credits
- Offers advanced bioengineering laboratory exercises with emphasis on techniques central to molecular, cellular, and tissue engineering.
- Laboratory exercise topics include PCR and qPCR, protein chemistry, bioconjugation, enzyme kinetics and enzyme-substrate interactions, polymers, surface modification, 3D bioprinting, fluorescence microscopy, and image analysis.
- Students build on previous courses by applying experimental design concepts, including sample size selection for statistical power, repeats vs. replicates, experimental treatments and groupings for ANOVA and mixed model analysis, and designing a robust standard curve, to research questions.
- Students apply MATLAB, microscopy imaging software, and molecular visualization and docking software to analyze experimental data.
- Requires in-class participation and written lab assignments and reports from all students.
Offers advanced bioengineering laboratory exercises with emphasis on techniques central to molecular, cellular, and tissue engineering. Show more.