Art - Design
ARTG 5130: Visual Communication for Information Design
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores graphic and typographic theory, principles, and practices.
- Introduces students to visual communication design with a primary focus on typography as the fundamental means of conveying content.
- Readings locate design and typography within the larger history of visual art and writing development.
- Covers methods of organizing content through hierarchy and spatial organization of grid structures.
- Considers relationships between positive and negative space, depth perception, transparency, and color theory.
- Requires graduate standing or permission of program coordinator or instructor.
Explores graphic and typographic theory, principles, and practices. Show more.