ANTH 4500: Latin American Society and Development
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores the processes of social, economic, and cultural change in Latin America.
- While concentrating on the present, traces class formation, agrarian structures, ethnic identity, ceremonial organization, gender roles, and political conflict since the colonial era in a range of countries.
- Emphasizes the relationship of communities and national political and economic systems.
- May emphasize Central America and Mexico or countries in South America through case studies.
- ANTH 4500 and INTL 4500 are cross-listed.
Explores the processes of social, economic, and cultural change in Latin America. Show more.