ACCT 6292: Tax Research, Practice, and Ethics
Lecture - 3 credits
- Offers students an opportunity to develop and refine their tax research skills through practical exercises.
- Covers the creation of various sources of tax authority.
- Exposes students to the procedures used in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), with an emphasis on practitioner responsibilities.
- Reviews the organization of the IRS, filing requirements, appeal procedures, civil/criminal statutes, assessments, and protests.
- Includes a study of the value and moral judgments inherent in the field of taxation, including client confidentiality, disclosure of false or misleading information, and advice counter to the law or public good.
Offers students an opportunity to develop and refine their tax research skills through practical exercises. Show more.