ACCT 3416: Strategic Cost Analysis for Decision Making
Lecture - 4 credits
- Develops understanding of the critical role of cost measurement and management in business decisions and in managing a firm’s profitability.
- Focuses on the strategic use of cost information for planning and control, as well as costing products, services, and customers.
- Emphasizes the role of management accountants as integral members of decision-making teams and as consultants to senior management.
- Studies alternate ways of measuring costs to meet different management objectives, the role of budgeting as a planning and management tool, the use of cost analysis as a control tool to help management meet short- and long-term profit objectives, and the importance of ethics in achieving all of these objectives.
- In addition to accounting majors, this course is ideal for students who wish to pursue a career in finance, general management, operations management, supply chain management, or entrepreneurship.
Develops understanding of the critical role of cost measurement and management in business decisions and in managing a firm’s profitability. Show more.